Two of our brothers will be participating in the AIDs Lifecycle, a fully supported, 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles, June 6-12, 2010, to generate awareness about the issues surrounding AIDs and to raise funds for the SF AIDs Foundation and the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center. If you would like to donate to the cause, check out their pages on Facebook:
Sigma Epsilon Omega is hosting its first biannual pool tournament in San Francisco, at Family Billiards. We are holding this tournament to raise funds for our Fraternity so that we may continue to promote tolerance and acceptance of LGBTQ people throughout the Greek community at Cal as well as in the greater Bay Area community.
For the most up to date information about the event, check out the Facebook event.
- The tournament will be held at Family Billiards in San Francisco. It will be an open tournament without handicaps. 2807 Geary Blvd San Francisco, CA 94118.
- We will be playing by Pro Express Rules. These may be found at http://www.usppa.com/rules.htm.
- The entry fee is $30. We will have a race to 3, and a finals race to 5. We will be paying out between 6 and 8 places.
- For organization purposes, we request that you contact us at least 24 hours before the tournament to let us know that you will be competing. You may do this by e-mailing us on Facebook, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us at 619-991-0000 or 619-592-5882.
- Sign ups will begin at noon, and the tournament will commence promptly at 1 o’clock.
If you have any logistical questions about the tournament, just contact us.
A SPECIAL THANKS!
This tournament would not be possible without the generous contributions of our sponsors and donors.
Golden Gate APA
San Francisco Pool Association
On Cue Billiards
The Day of Silence, a project of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), is a student-led day of action when concerned students take some form of a vow of silence to bring attention to the name-calling, bullying and harassment — in effect, the silencing — experienced by LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) students and their allies. Check out the Facebook event:
Come compete in Sigma Epsilon Omega’s first ever Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament!
The tournament will be held on Saturday December 4, 2010 from 12:30pm-4:00pm in the Tilden Room on the 5th floor of the MLK Student Union building. The tournament style is 2-on-2, double elimination. Sign up in teams or as an individual and we’ll pair you.
The registration fee is $10 per person, and all of the proceeds will go towards SEO’s house fund. The winner will receive a cash prize of 5% of the total collected. There will also be food and holiday cookie decorating!
Register by emailing Cameron Kessel at email@example.com
Our big philanthropy event for the semester was participating in Dance Marathon, an event to raise money for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. We asked for donations from family and friends, and then danced for 12 hours to raise awareness about pediatric AIDS. Out of all of the participating student group, Sigma Epsilon Omega came in second place for fundraising.
***FOR FALL 2012 RUSH EVENTS, CLICK Fall Rush 2012***
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The brothers of Sigma Epsilon Omega invite you to join us for our 2012 Spring Rush. Whether you are considering joining our fraternity, or simply interested in learning more about SEO, we welcome you to attend any of the Rush Events listed below. There will be plenty of fun activities, and most of the events have free food, so we hope to see you there!